Most young people lose their hair due to some kind of hormone-dependent condition, which, alas, is inherited.
Therefore, the son of an early bald dad, most likely, will also prematurely thin his hair. This is the “fault” of the individual to the normal level of male hormones. And yet, do not despair, you can help grief. Especially if you hurry.
If you find a lot of hair on the comb, you should immediately contact a trichologist. To make an accurate diagnosis, you will have to do a micro-video analysis of the hairs and possibly check them for mineral content.
Prescription treatment only!
Treatment depends on the diagnosis. There is a diffuse one (when the hair is flying all over the head). There is local alopecia (when bald patches "shine" only in places). There are also symptomatic, or reactive alopecia associated with a single adverse effect on the body. In this case, hair loss begins abruptly, lasts no more than 4 months and is eliminated when its cause is excluded. For example, symptomatic often follows acute infections or severe stress.
Notice your hat. It shouldn't be too tight. By the way, pulling the hair into a ponytail by pulling it with an elastic band is also useless - this weakens the hair follicles.
Hair growth on the scalp may slow down or stop. In many cases, this is temporary. To speed up this process, you can use a pharmacy or home remedy to restore hair growth.
Main causes of baldness
Normally, a follicle goes through several phases of development, during which its cells are actively dividing, forming a young hair shaft. Gradually, this process slows down, mature hair falls out. Then comes a dormant period when cells do not divide. Normally, these phases alternate, and the entire hairline is constantly renewed.
This process is slowed down in such cases:
- excess of testosterone metabolism in the body - dihydrosterone, under the influence of which the resting phase is lengthened; this is observed in men, but with age it develops in women, due to an imbalance of estrogens and androgens;
- shortening of the active growth phase due to a variety of reasons - from stress to lack of nutrients; after elimination of the causes, the hair grows back after a few months;
- chemotherapy used for cancer destroys not only the tumor, but also any other actively dividing cells, including those in the hair follicles; this process is reversible, but under the influence of drugs the hair rods completely fall out for a while;
- an autoimmune process during which the cells of the human defense system attack the hair follicles; alopecia areata is formed, which can be slowed down by suppressing the activity of the immune system;
- cicatricial alopecia is an autoimmune condition in which hair cells are irreversibly damaged and the hair no longer regenerates.
To find out how to restore hair growth, you need to see a dermatologist or trichologist. The doctor will first find out the cause of the baldness. Only then will he prescribe the most effective treatment for the patient.
To slow down baldness and activate follicular cells, the following methods are used:
- topical drugs for hair regrowth, especially minoxidil;
- dihydrotestosterone formation inhibitors;
- drugs that suppress the immune system, for alopecia areata;
- cosmetics - masks, shampoos;
- oral vitamins and dietary supplements;
- herbal medicine and other folk remedies;
- surgical treatment (transplantation).
All the listed methods of hair regrowth can be used in combination to enhance the effect. Of course, cosmetics, even medicinal, supplements, medicinal plants, homeopathic remedies and Pantovigar have no proven effect and can only be used at the request of the patient.
Medications for hair loss
Drugs that inhibit autoimmune rejection
For severe alopecia areata, the doctor prescribes oral or injectable medications. They have many side effects and contraindications. The following tools can be used:
- zinc sulfate.
The use of these drugs for moderate hair loss is not recommended because the condition is not life threatening and a large number of patients develop severe side effects of these drugs. It is safer to inject glucocorticoids directly into the skin lesion.
Ointments and creams containing glucocorticosteroids are also prescribed:
- fluocinolone acetonide;
- betamethasone dipropionate;
- hydrocortisone butyrate;
- metidprednisolone aceponate.
They are applied to the scalp once a day for 1 to 2 months. In addition to drugs to stimulate hair growth, physiotherapy is prescribed for alopecia areata: phototherapy using an excimer laser.
You can independently strengthen the hairline using cosmetics. Often their external effectiveness is associated with conditioning, smoothing the surface and giving volume. However, some of the nutrients contained in the care products still reach the epidermis and hair follicles, and reduce hair loss. You can use a special shampoo. To enhance the effect of shampoos, rinses, conditioners and toners are used.
Masks for stimulating hair growth and restoration with the inclusion of oils and serums give the most noticeable results. All of these drugs can be used to restore hair growth after radiation therapy. None of them are drugs or clinical trials. One can only trust the manufacturers who declare a slowdown in hair loss and an increase in the growth of hair follicles with the regular use of these funds.
Men are actively interested in remedies for hair loss. Today, partial or complete loss of hair is a common problem in the male population. But some males even take pride in having a bald spot on their heads, because this is partly fashionable. And other men, on the contrary, are ashamed of thinning hair and struggle with baldness.
Before finding an effective cure for hair loss, you need to find the cause of your hair loss. It determines what treatment will be prescribed and what the result will be.
Preconditions of baldness
Usually, the causes of hair thinning are physiological. Doctors divide all the factors leading to the loss of hair density into groups.
Hair loss can result from:
- telogen miasma - a consequence of stress, a long illness, difficult surgery or severe infection;
- side effect of taking pills for cancer, heart disease, hypertension and arthritis; lupus, syphilis, thyroid disease;
- poor diet, iron and zinc deficiencies, biotin and protein deficiencies;
- hormonal imbalance;
- fungus, contagious herpes zoster;
- an autoimmune disorder called alopecia
But in men, thinning hair can be observed due to a hereditary predisposition to baldness. And some men have a bald head, since this is quite typical for the male half. They have a receding hairline at the forehead and thinning hair at the crown.
A man can begin to lose thickness in his hair at any time, regardless of age. This can even happen to a teenager. Hair loss is caused by inherited tendency to baldness, male hormones (high testosterone levels) and old age.
An accurate diagnosis can only be made by a doctor who will check the condition of the hair follicles and hair shafts and examine the scalp. After all the tests, the specialist will tell you what treatment is needed, what drugs should be taken.
Hair restoration products
There are a lot of medicines that can restore hair to its former thickness. A drug such as minoxidil inhibits follicle necrosis and restores hair growth. Antiandrogenic drugs are prescribed when it is necessary to reduce the effect on the body and specifically on the hair follicles of the male sex hormone.
These preparations include oils from red currant, cereal or avocado to penetrate deeper into the hair roots. Experts have found that elevated hormone levels become a barrier to vitamin B6.
Therefore, treatment with preparations containing herbal substances can save from hair loss. These are the leaves of nettle, St. John's wort, red clover and fruits of the dwarf palm. Hair will begin to grow with special treatments and skin cell renewal. The condition of the epidermis is improved by products containing lactic acids.
Drug treatment may be accompanied by physical therapy. This includes taking vitamins, walking in the fresh air, exercising, diet and hardening the body. Physiotherapy treatments like massage or ultrasound have a tonic effect.
But the frequency and nature of these procedures must be determined by the doctor, otherwise there is a risk of only aggravating the situation. Hair treatment for men is often done with electrical stimulation. It makes the follicles revitalize and induces them to enter the growth phase. The equipment used for this supplies a current of different voltages.
Medication is sometimes injected into the skin during electrical therapy. This procedure is called electrophoresis. This treatment is very effective as even a small amount of the drugs involved can have the maximum effect.
Traditional treatments for thinning hair
To induce the growth of hair in men, it is enough to massage the head every time while taking a shower. Specifically, you need to put your head under a stream of slightly warm water and massage it for several minutes with your fingertips.
As a result, the blood flow to the hair follicles is better, which makes the hair grow faster. A good way to keep hair from falling out is to rub in a nettle-vinegar lotion. To prepare it, you need to chop the nettle, you should get about 5 tablespoons.
The resulting product is put on a small fire and boiled for half an hour. After removing it from the stove, cover it with a lid and leave to cool to room temperature. Strain the lotion before applying to the hair. This tool is rubbed into the roots at night, or you can apply it to your hair and a couple of hours before washing your hair. The treatment course lasts 2 months.
Treatment with traditional methods restores hair well and protects it from hair loss. The best remedy for stimulating hair growth in men is onions. Only after using it does the hair smell unpleasant, but you can endure it to get the result.
To achieve the desired effect, the grated onion gruel is applied to the roots once or twice a week. You can add a couple of teaspoons of honey here. Hair of men will be protected from loss by a mixture of onions and garlic in equal proportions. A little cognac is poured into this baldness remedy - one tablespoon. If there is no cognac at home, then it can be replaced with pepper tincture.
Since homemade onion and garlic products are hot and quick to act, a maximum time for scalp exposure is 40 minutes.
Herbal teas for male hair treatment
Common folk remedies for balding the scalp in men are to apply herbal decoctions to the hair. It is recommended to rub them into your hair every two days.
Potent Brew Recipes:
- Calamus and burdock roots are taken, finely chopped on a board (one tablespoon each) and filled with hot water in an amount of three hundred grams. The crushed roots are boiled over low heat for only 15-20 minutes. The resulting broth is filtered and cooled;
- Use 3 spoons of linden blossoms. The broth is prepared similarly to the previous one;
- Oak bark, willow bark and thyme medicinal plant are cut, one tablespoon of each component is enough. The ingredients are poured over with hot water (1. 5 cups) and boiled for a little more than 20 minutes. The filtered and cooled broth is rubbed in before going to bed or washing your hair 3 hours before.
Hair loss in men is stopped by decoctions, which should be used to rinse hair after shampooing. Hops help against baldness. The cones of this plant are boiled in water for about half an hour. The hair is rinsed with a strained and cooled broth, making light massage movements.
Rescue of men from baldness can also consist in rinsing thinned hair with a decoction, brewed from two tablespoons of nasturtium buds. Half a liter of hot water is poured into the container with the ingredient, they wait for the broth to cool down.
A decoction of dried flowers of medicinal plants - mother-and-stepmother and calendula - can prevent hair loss. Pour hot water over 1 tablespoon of these herbs in a 500-gram container. The mixture should be boiled for about 20 minutes. The hair is rinsed with this broth after shampooing.
Masks from available home remedies
The first mask to help hair grow is oil. It perfectly nourishes weak hair, having a beneficial effect on hair follicles.
Many traditional masking methods are based on the use of castor oil. To make such a mask, you need to heat 4 large tablespoons of oil in a water bath and add a few drops of essential oil to them.
This can be cedar or pine oil. The finished composition is rubbed into the roots, while massaging the head. Then the head is covered with polyethylene and a towel to keep the head warm and the hair follicles to better absorb nutrients. The mask is washed off the hair with shampoo, after waiting for several hours. It can be periodically alternated with burdock.
A popular way to strengthen sagging hair, known for centuries, is shampooing with egg yolk. No shampoo is required here. You should not wait for the effect after one application of the procedure. It will take a long course of treatment with 15 such shampoos.
A couple of drops of aloe juice can be added to the yolk, this will have a beneficial effect on the sensitive scalp. Even table salt can restore hair. But it only works on dry hair.
With this method of hair restoration, small granules of salt are used to avoid micro-injuries on the head. The salt is simply rubbed into the hair for about 15 minutes. This method is used only once a week for a month and a half.
What popular methods are effective against hair loss, you can find out by looking at reviews on the use of certain lotions, masks and decoctions.
How to choose a baldness remedy
The treatment of male pattern baldness is prescribed strictly after a thorough diagnosis and identification of the root cause of the disease. Hair can fall out for various reasons: stress, unhealthy diet, hormonal disruptions, and others. The chosen method of treatment and the appropriate remedy for male pattern baldness depend on them. Only an experienced specialist can prescribe a course that can really cure alopecia.
This type of baldness in men is manifested due to hormonal disruptions in the body. This may be due to transitional age or some kind of endocrine disruption. The transition of the male hormone testosterone to its active form in the form of dihydrotestosterone is dangerous. It has a detrimental effect on the hair follicle, provoking large-scale hair loss. A man has bald patches on his forehead, and then on the parietal zone. The hair on the sides and back of the head remains healthy. There are several types of this baldness by the type of spread:
There is also androgenetic alopecia, which differs from the one described above in that the predisposition to baldness is transmitted along with genes from one of the parents (often from the mother). This type of baldness is diagnosed in 96% of all men who lose their hair. Treatment, as a rule, is associated with the normalization of hormonal processes and the work of the endocrine system.
This type of baldness is characterized by the appearance of focal lesions on the scalp that are round in shape. In most cases, the disease manifests itself due to failures in the man's immune system, which leads to damage to the follicles. Alopecia areata can be caused by:
- general anesthesia;
- previous viral disease;
- emotional stress.
The cause of the manifestation of the disease is a malfunction in the body. There are two types of this type of male pattern baldness:
- Anogenous alopecia. It leads to poisoning of the body with poisons, chemotherapy, radiation, which is practiced in the treatment against cancer.
- Telogenous alopecia. Its development is provoked by emotional upheavals, some hereditary diseases, diet.
This type of baldness can be caused by viruses, fungi and bacteria that infect the scalp. Sometimes the disease can develop after an injury - physical (mechanical or thermal). Under its action, damage to the hair follicles occurs, which can no longer be restored, they are overgrown with connective tissue. For this reason, hair no longer grows in this area.
It is important to see a doctor at the first stage of the disease. Treatment for male pattern baldness can be truly effective if the causes of hair loss are addressed right away. The problem with drug therapy is that at later stages it has only a symptomatic effect. After stopping taking the pills, the hair returns to its previous state. It is strongly recommended to consult with a specialist when selecting drugs.
Hair Loss Pills
- Corticosteroids. These are serious hormonal agents that should only be prescribed by a doctor.
- Vitamin complexes. One of the reasons for baldness is a lack of nutrients.
Physiotherapy treatment of baldness
In cases of malnutrition of follicles and microcirculation in the scalp, physiotherapy will be effective. Physical impact enhances metabolic processes, increases the degree of penetration, absorption of nutrients. The methods described below are effective only in the initial stages of hair loss. With an impressive dropout, the desired effect may not appear. Modern treatments for baldness are:
- microcurrent therapy;
- vacuum massage.
In the advanced stages, in some cases, only hair transplantation helps, which is a surgical operation. This method, although radical, has the highest percentage of reliability in the fight against developing baldness. There are several kinds of possible procedures:
- Transplantation. Insensitive hairs are transplanted from the back of the head to the crown. The method is ideal if only the top of the head is bald
- Patchwork. In the presence of a small area of baldness, stretch the part of the scalp on which healthy hair continues to grow.
- Scalp reduction. For a clear and defined bald spot on the crown, use this technique.
Treatment for hair loss with folk remedies
In addition to pharmaceuticals, folk remedies for hair loss are used to stop or prevent baldness. They can be used for prevention purposes. The formulations are effectively used not only to treat hair loss that has already begun in men. Homemade prescriptions are not as successful in coping with the problem as medical methods, but can act as complementary remedies.
- Treatment with castor oil, burdock oil. Take 2 tbsp. l. both components and mix with mustard powder in the amount of 1 tablespoon. The mask is prepared 30 minutes before use; it cannot be stored even in the refrigerator. Apply the mixture to the scalp, rub in thoroughly with gentle movements. Keep it on for no more than 20 minutes, then wash your hair using an anti-hair loss shampoo for men. Use this folk remedy 2 times every 7 days.
- For the treatment of male pattern baldness, grate the onion on a fine grater, mix it with honey and rub (no more than 2 times a month) into the scalp. Keep this mask for up to 40 minutes, then you need to wash your hair with shampoo.
- You can get rid of baldness by mixing half a liter of table vinegar, water, adding 100 g of nettle leaves. Brew the mixture for 30 minutes. Rub the resulting product into the scalp for 7 days in a row before bedtime.
- Burdock root is used to get rid of hair loss in men. Pour boiling water over, cook for 10 minutes. over low heat. Let the broth brew until it cools. Rinse your head with it twice a week after washing.
- Herbal decoction. For male pattern baldness, make a decoction of plantain, wormwood, sage, and lungwort. In a glass of a mixture of these herbs, take 1 liter of water and a tablespoon of honey. Rinse hair after shampooing.
Why hair falls out
There are many reasons why men's hair falls out. There are over 500 of them. Here are some of the causes of hair loss:
- Constant stress, chronic fatigue negatively affects the hair follicle. Its blood supply is disrupted and gradually it dies;
- Taking medications that have side effects;
- Hormonal disruptions, thyroid disorders, nervous disorders;
- Improper diet, lack of vitamins and minerals;
- Injuries and burns that damage the scalp. No hair grows on formed scars;
- Certain skin diseases. Ringworm, dermatitis, seborrhea.
For intense hair loss, thinning hair, baldness in different parts of the head, there are three types of treatment.
- Drug use;
- Laser therapy (LT);
- Own hair transplant.
What are the drugs for hair growth in men
Due to the many causes of alopecia in men, hair restoration is very difficult. Nowadays, only two medications are used that restore hair growth. It should be noted that they are temporary. Therefore, you must use them constantly.
Laser treatment and hair restoration
Laser treatment is used to restore hair growth. A laser comb can be used at home, but for the best effect, you should consult a specialist. More powerful laser systems are used in medical centers.
It should be noted that after the termination of laser treatment, hair follicles return to their original state. Hair transplantation. The third method of hair restoration is surgical.
A hair follicle is transplanted, from the temporal and occipital sides, to the place of baldness. Recently, new techniques have been developed that give good results. In any case, hair transplantation is done as a last resort when other methods have been tried.